July 29, 2007

Happy Sunday

Well my talk actually went well. I was able to find a lot of material on LDS.org. I talked about how we'd always go on road trips to visit National Parks in our Volkswagon Vanogan (some of my favorite childhood memories!). I was able to grow a love for this country at an early age, by seeing just how beautiful & wondrous it is (Yosemite is my favorite). Dan did great too, I enjoyed hearing him speak. Dan's sister watched the girls for us, they were pretty good. Emma started crying when I began my talk because she heard my voice so loudly, meanwhile Eliška was waving & saying, "Hi, mommy!" (very cute & encouraging). I baked/roasted a whole chicken today, which is something I've always wanted to do. I went a little overboard when I rubbed the seasoning onto the skin, but it turned out pretty good. We watched "Bridge to Terabithia" yesterday, very cute kids movie. I remember I loved that book in grade school. The girls are in bed now & it was a nice weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle, I miss you so much! I wish I was there or vice versa. That it so cute about everything! Miss you....(I'm still really sick and miserable.)

Becky said...

Glad to hear it went well! Yay that it's over! I love baking a whole chicken, but I don't know what to do with it when it's time to eat! I always make Alex figure out how to cut it.

Amber said...

I bet your glad your talk is over, i'm sure you did a great job. We also watched Bridge to Terabithia on sunday too. I thought it was cute, but neither Joe or I knew what was going to happen to the little girl.