July 6, 2007

Summertime Update

We have been busy enjoying the summer here. We had a great 4th. Our neighborhood had a big BBQ at a nearby park & an orchestra played patriotic songs & shot off some canons. Afterward they played "Night at the Museum" on a big screen outside. Of course we had to leave just as the movie was getting good because the girls were cranky & tired. We gave them naps before we went though, so we were able to stay out till 11 (pretty good I thought). Eliška loved doing the snaps that you throw on the ground and some party poppers that shoot streamers. We also did some smoke bombs and we still need to do the sparklers that we got.

We had a lot of fun with my parents who stayed with us 2 different times in June, once just my dad came out for business. I really can't wait for them to live here in Utah soon! And not just for the free baby-sitting!

We finally were able to drop off a bunch of toys, clothes, etc. to our local D.I. (that's charity for all you non-utahns). We had over 10 huge bags of stuff that I've been wanting to drop off for months now. Some of you know how many toys we had, it looks a lot better now! When my dad was here last, he said it looked like I run a daycare. What can I say, I'm a kid at heart & I love toys!

We also went to Idaho to visit Dan's parents & go to his High School Reunion (class of 97'). They had a family picnic which the kids enjoyed & then a nice dinner for the adults.

I realized that my kids are terrible travelers! They turn into little monsters when they don't nap or sleep in their own beds. We did have fun though & the drive was much easier than to California! We didn't even have to stop, it was nice. This is the Idaho Falls LDS temple, it is beautiful with the falls in front of it.
We finally went to the new Ikea in Utah. The crowds have died down a little so it was nice. The kids play area was full though. I didn't realize it was like a kid daycare while you shop. I guess Eliška can't go in it until she's potty-trained. The prices are great, I'm gonna have to go back & get the kid's wooden table & chair set that I saw. I've been looking for a set for the girls' room & they had one for $20. Most I've seen are around $100. They had a few different sets that you could paint or stain yourself. I like this one for $40.
SVALA children's table and 2 chairs
We were going to eat at the restaurant, but Eliška had a messy diaper that leaked through her pants. We had diapers, but no extra pants. I tried convincing Dan to put her in the stroller with a blanket on her, he said no way. So we will have to go back. Life is so chaotic & unpredictable with kids, but it keeps things interesting! Hope you're all enjoying your summer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The girls look great! Emma looks so much like you! It's Valerie and Michelle all over again! I love you guys! Happy Summer. Miss you...

emily said...

Wow! Looks like tons of fun. That family picture of you all is great! I am so jealous about the Ikea, I love them, but have none close. Have fun shopping for me!