I was actually thinking of doing a similar scavenger hunt, like the one we did for this class, for my future students. It was the perfect way to become familiar with all of the resources that UEN has to offer. It was fun trying to find all of the different links and research tools. I thought of so many ideas that I can use as a teacher, it got me really excited!
I'm really looking forward to using the lesson plans on UEN for my future class. There are so many cute ideas for teaching curriculum. I like the fact that each lesson plan is age specific and totally detailed, with patterns to copy and templates to use. These lesson plans are really phenomenal!
The core curriculum for each grade was so helpful and eye-opening for me as a future educator. It listed specific activities and lessons to help teach each standard and objective for each age level and grade. I can see it really helping me as a teacher to make sure that I'm continually meeting the educational needs of my students.
I had a lot of fun with, "surf the ages". I was thinking of using this tool for a program where my students would divide into groups and relive different time periods. For example, some students could reenact the interviews from Sophocles and Euripides, after receiving the Dio Award.



I absolutely love the interactives that UEN has to offer. These educational games are perfect for young students during computer lab days. I really see myself using the interactives to help reinforce subjects I've taught, in a fun and interactive way. I really want my kids to be excited to learn. Plus, it will help young students refine simple computer skills.
![]() | ![]() | ![]() |
Pioneer Library is awesome for helping students with research projects. It really is a better search engine for students, compared to Google search. It's much more relevant and specific to young students and it eliminates all of the "junk" that usually comes up in a standard Google search.
I am just thrilled with the wealth of resources on UEN's site! It's going to help me be such a better teacher. I'll be able to connect more fully with my students and help them to develop a real enthusiasm for learning.




No comments:
Post a Comment