Well, I have decided to go back to school and finish my degree at UVU. I have been going off and on since I first started there in 2002. I'm finally ready to just get it done now. I'm majoring in Early Childhood Education.
So I am going full time and should be done in 4 semesters. I plan on taking all of my courses that are only offered at the main campus, this semester & the next, so that I can start teaching this summer. Then I will finish the 5 or 6 classes of generals that I have left either online or at night at UVU's Lehi branch.
Anyway, I have really been enjoying my classes so far. I have been making friends with cute little 20 year olds (girls, not guys)! My classes are easy so far, it is a lot like going to preschool everyday! We make crafts and do activities that we can use for future lesson plans when we start teaching.
This semester I'm taking 12 credits. My classes are:
Including Young Diverse Learners
Child Development
Human Development
Health Education for Elementary Teachers
Computer Technology in Education
I have to do a weekly blog for one of my classes, so just ignore that when you see it posted. I don't mind if you read it. It will probably be a little boring though!
A big shout out to my niece Kassidy for baby-sitting my kids this first week! My mom will be watching them when she gets back in town. I'm so grateful for the support of my family! Dan has been great taking care of everything while I've been at school!
As for the dental assisting (since many of you have asked) it's not that I didn't like it. It was the fact that the working hours were kind of crazy for me. We would always have some emergency patient come in and I didn't get home until 7 or 8 some nights. I like the idea of being a teacher because I can work at the school my children attend and have similar hours to their schedule. Plus, I have always wanted to be a teacher. So, there you go!
2 comments:
Awesome! I'm glad you're enjoying your classes, I loved Human Development...fascinating.
Wow, you are ambitious! Good for you finishing your degree. I like that once you have it, you have it forever and don't have to have it hanging over your head anymore! Hope all goes well and I hope to see you at book club next week!
Post a Comment