August 7, 2007

bittersweet

Well, I haven't nursed Emma since Sunday. It was an unexpected & abrupt stop, but she started refusing me & getting really upset every time I tried nursing her. She just likes me to rock her now before naps (which have now gone down to 1X a day) & bedtime. I thought I would be so happy, but I'm kind of sad. I thought it would take longer. I kind of miss that closeness. I feel really out of place right now because I've been nursing or pregnant for almost 4 years now. On Sunday, I was able to fast for the first time in forever! It was good. I'm still kind of in shock that I have my body to myself. It is very weird! However, I know that I desperately need some time before I'm ready for baby #3. Dan & I are looking forward to our first ever trip alone together (since starting our family) sometime next Spring. The kids will finally be old enough to be left with their grandparents. We are thinking Eastern Europe where Dan served his mission or Disney World. I'm not sure if I want to go to another country the first time I leave the kids, we'll see though. Anyway, it is nice that Dan was able to put Em to bed tonight & I guess I can take off this pony tail holder on my wrist that I was using to remember which side to nurse on! Next feat: potty-training Elli. I know it's time.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, that is kind of sad! I was always ready to stop nursing, but not wanting to at the same time. But the saddest part is going down to one nap -- that's always hard for me. Have fun planning your trip! That sounds awesome!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you'll get over it! J/K. I know what you mean, but this just means everyone is growing up and you did such a good job giving her all those nutrients! As for the trips, if you go to Eastern Europe plan on me coming with you, :) and you should wait on Disneyworld because we are all going again December 2008. Love you...

Amber said...

What a huge smile in that pic. So cute of both of you. It is hard to "let go" even though it is just the begining of letting go (maybe that sounds confusing). I'm learning just how tuff it really is now that my baby is 3 1/2 and starting preschool soon.