Podcasts & Vidcasts
Podcasts and vidcasts are great educational tools. There are a huge variety of subject specific casts that can teach the average person a new language or how to write a poem. Again pod/vid casts are another great tech medium that can enhance any lesson. Students love being able to use technology for assignments and they'll be having so much fun, they won't even realize they're learning!
I really enjoyed the assignment to create an educational podcast for my "students". My partner and I decided to make a podcast that teaches children the sound that each letter in the alphabet makes. We recorded ourselves saying the letter, its sound and a few exmple words that begin with that letter. We then told the children to repeat the letters and sounds. I think this is a great way to help students memorize and internalize information, especially when they are not at school.
I'd use pod/vid casts as homework assignments for my future students. I would assign them a pod/vid cast to listen to/watch at home that ties into the week's curriculum. That way, the subject material becomes more interactive and interesting. Students can write a 'how-to' from what they learned from the pod/vid cast or even act out the info they listened to, for the class.
Video
Why Let Our Students Blog?
I agree with the video, blogging is a great way for students to practice writing and creativity. They can receive feedback from comments, which helps them feel connected to people. Blogging helps students learn to process their thoughts into words. It's a way for kids to organize and understand 'all that stuff' in their head! Great video, very cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment