The Pros of Using Digital Cameras (digicams) in the Classroom:
There are a lot of great ideas out there for bringing digicams into the classroom. Using this media form is a great way to get students involved in fun and interesting projects. They can decide what they want to learn about or study, snap a picture and write a report on it.
Pictures can enhance almost any project. A science experiment of a caterpillar becoming a butterfly could be photographically documented at each and every stage of development.
I think that using digicams helps students to see and learn from the the world around them. For example, I did my slide show on shapes. I found shapes in unconventional places, which will help my students to start taking a closer look at the world around them. They can pick out a banana and identify it as a crescent shape. Doing projects like this, really encourages kids to get excited about learning in their everyday life.
Another great thing about using digicams is the ease of snapping a photo and then transferring the image straight to the computer. This makes it easier for students to edit photos for assignments or projects. It's also great for visual aids in presentations.
"top 10 things you don't learn about teaching in college" video
Love it! Very cute video. I will be taking some of those tips and storing them in my brain, such as believing a student when they say they really have to use the bathroom! I liked the one about hearing your last name so much, you'll want to change it.
"mash-up" video
Wow! That is really amazing how they remixed all those videos together to create a song! Very fascinating how the guy didn't have to do much, since they already flowed together so easily on their own (the videos). That might be a fun project for students to try.
No comments:
Post a Comment