My parents & I went to a Family Christmas party that night, which Dan couldn't attend because of a "church meeting" he had to be at. He was supposed to meet us at the square afterward to see the lights, but he called me to say that the meeting was running over & he wouldn't be able to meet us after all. I was disappointed, especially because he sounded so bummed on the phone.Of course the whole meeting thing was a complete rouse. Nevertheless, I believed everything he told me, I didn't suspect a single thing. I am still amazed by that to this day because it is SO hard to surprise me for anything! So I arrived at the square with my parents & apparently some sort of Spanish Conference had just finished & the place was SO crowded. Meanwhile, my dad is on the phone saying, "Yeah, I'm wearing a red jacket. We're coming around the corner now..." I was like, "Who are you talking to?" He just said we were going to meet up with my uncle & cousins (who were at the party earlier). Again, I had no clue whatsoever, I totally believed everything. All of a sudden Dan walked out from behind a statue, wearing a tuxedo & carrying a dozen roses. I honestly still did not realize what was going on! I just thought, "Oh good, he was able to meet us after all!" and I asked him,"What are you doing here! I thought you couldn't make it." Then he got down on his knee, pulled out the ring, said some really sweet stuff & "Michelle, will you marry me?" I answered, "Of course!" At this point, a huge crowd of people had gathered round & started clapping & cheering. They shouted, "Kiss, kiss!" It was very funny & I could not believe that Dan had actually truly surprised me like that. It was amazing, definitely the most romantic thing ever!
this is right where Dan proposed 6 years ago (unfortunately I can't find any pictures from that night!)
3 comments:
That is really special. And it is even more special knowing that Dan Loves you so much and now you have two beautiful children and your family is sealed together forever. I love you and am proud that you are my sister and friend.
Your girls are so cute! What a great family. Liked reading the story of the proposal, too. Also, that's a great picture with Mark & Lora!
Yes that was a magical night my how time flies... Great pics, Happy New Year!!
Post a Comment